Monday, July 27, 2015

Poop, accidents, and families - 7/27/15



Well, leaving Antsirabe was hard...very Hard, BUT! I got to drive Haylee (the car) down to Tana which was really nice, and as we arrived into the office....just a couple tears were shed for that beautiful car....But then I met my Swag comp Elder Delbar and we got straight to work.
For some people who don't know what Mahamasina is.....It is a mountain with many many many stairs. Haha I got used to being in a car for 8 months having my ara-saina work over time, and now I get to be in Mahamasina where my bowels and legs are working over time and are on fire. It's SO SWAG! I love this area so much! I got to meet a lot of the people that Elder Christiansen and Fox knew. And we get to teach about 13, 14 investigator families, and are working on about 9 or 10 less active Melchezidek priesthood holders. Its SO MUCH FUN HERE! Haha
This week though we felt that satan was really trying to stop the work, just with how sick Elder Delbar and I have been. Once you enter Tana...I don't know...your body just gets sick. And so it's kind of embarrassing to be tracting and before you even introduce yourself you just ask if you can use their bathroom....BUT HEY! It let us into the home and we were able to contact some families! Then on Tuesday I had a bit of an accident on the way to a lesson, BUT! Again I was very glad that I felt impressed to bring an extra pair of clothes! So the WORK CONTINUES! Then on Wednesday I ended up falling into a sewage drain, BUT AGAIN the work KEEPS GOING! And we found a REALLY Rich guy who wants to learn the gospel! So that was a bonus :) Then on Thursday we were trying to cross the street and a huge truck came and was trying to turn which was good because he stopped traffic for us....BUT!! A moto came and passed through a little crack and was going really fast toward me and hit me. I am alright though! Don't worry mom! When the moto hit me it was the weirdest thing because I ended up just rolling off of it and then I just got up and was fine. Sure I felt a little sore afterwards, but the guy on the motorcycle was pretty scraped and bleeding. So we made sure he was ok, and then we went to go eat some rice because I was hungry after that :) THEN we found another rich guy who wants to learn the gospel and we felt that satan was trying to stop the work, but because of the lord's protection we were able to conquer!! SO! Even though this was a very poopy week. It was AWESOME! I love Mahamasina.
Sunday I got to bear my testimony and I am SO SURPRISED by how many betsileo people are there. Everyone just wants to speak betsileo with me which is more than fine with me, but I just didnt expect it at all. It was also weird just sitting there on the bench.....And not doing anything.....I wanted to just....mandary anjara....It was super weird...Super super weird.....Now we just need to work with the bishop and have him start doing ward council every week. It's SO important to have ward council every week! If you don't believe me then read Handbook 2. And then repent, and do it.
Other then that Tana is great. I have missed Tana and its good to be back. On Sunday we also had President Mampiononas kids come down to Tana for vacation and they prayed at our church! So I got to see my favorite family in Madagascar again. They are the best!
Well.... I think that's that, but I love you all and hope you are having a great time in America. Just don't be complacent. If you find yourself satisfied with where you are at right now then satan has already won. At that point you are not trying to change, and to grow and in a sense you are not repenting. So Change always. Don't be satisfied with where you are at right now. One of my favorite quotes that Elder Coleman shared with me is. "There is no comfort in the growth zone, and no growth in the comfort zone" If you are comfortable then STOP IT! Izay ilay Izy.

Am-Pitiavana
Elder Lehr

No comments:

Post a Comment