Tuesday, July 14, 2015

My Heart is in the Dona - 7/13/15

Service project pics at a school in Manandona (Thanks to Elder Coleman for use of the pictures)



Looks like Elder Lehr got a bit of a haircut



Dear Family,

I don't even know what to say....  I am so grateful to have served in this area. I am super sad that I will be leaving it. It really is true though, the more you give...the More you will gain...and I definitely feel like this area has been the place I have gained the most....haha I had some members ask if they could sign a petition and send it to the mission president to have me just Mandrapa faty here. Haha I even had the Sunday School president tell me that he would give me about 5 hectares of land so that I could stay here in Manandona....(Those 5 acres are in an area where there are a lot of robbers....but I like the thought).....It's truly been just the greatest of areas. 1 more week of trying to do everything I can to help the people here and then we shall see what happens. It's exciting....but just so crushing at the same time since I love these people so much.

WE HAD A BAPTISM THOUGH!!! Haha It was kind of funny though. When we went over to the river and I started to baptize her....well the way her knees were positioned I ended up falling in right after her....haha REDO!!! It was a good baptism though, and she is SO AWESOME! She has such a strong testimony and I think can offer so much here. She has a goal to go on a mission in a year and is trying to prepare now for her sacrifice. SO AWESOME!!

Hmm...besides that we had the thing on Thursday which was kind of fun....We went over to Manandona and went over to the pumps that the Richards had put in, and got to be with the district president in representing the church for....the Fampisehoana....Ya....And got to take pics, and make friends with the deputy of Antsirabe and the Regional water minister for the Vakanakaritra area. It was interesting and a little weird but cool that we got to represent the church and talk to people about why we do these projects and what not. The Deputy was super awesome and we became pretty good friends in that little time and he wants to meet with us again which I think is great.
Other than That.....I love you all and will talk to ya next week.

Am-Pitiavana

Elder Lehr

No comments:

Post a Comment