Friday, May 2, 2014

This isn't the Easter we have at home - 4/28/14



First of all, just to let you all know, Easter Sunday was absolutely great. But the day after Easter was absolutely crazy! To begin with I have to tell you that for at least 2 times in the year it becomes somewhat.....Interesting in Madagascar.....especially Tana area... So usually on Easter people go to church and then party with everyone. And then the day after they are all makafka (Or they have hangovers). In Talatamy through Ivato it was especially interesting because there was a huge party in Antinetbe that was kind of like Woodstock but smaller. And it was mostly just beer instead of drugs that they were doing. So when we were going out to go teach we literally saw a GIGANTIC WAVE of people that were all drunk. Accidents were happening in front of our eyes, and it was crazy! So what did we do? We still tried to teach. When we got to Sylvie’s house they were like "WHAT ARE YOU DOING? GO HOME! ITS WAY TOO DANGEROUS RIGHT NOW!" So we talked to the zone leaders about what was happening and we got out of there. As we were going home though we saw accidents happening left and right, and people doing crazy things! It was definitely not a good spirit that we felt but we arrived safe and sound. The only thing that happened to us was that our phone got stolen, but at least we were safe. :) So we celebrated and made crepes. :)
I love this area. We have been tracting and trying to find new people. And we have been able to get about 8 more potential families to teach. It's an exciting time in this area. I love being with my companion. It's been a great blessing to have him with me.
Saturday and Sunday were absolutely amazing though. We finally got to watch conference and holy cow it was awesome! I love Elder Uchtdorf's talk about gratitude. It really touched me and I think will help me to improve. Also it was amazing to watch Elder Oaks speak in the priesthood session. As I watched I could feel that this man had priesthood keys. I am so grateful that my testimony was strengthened as I watched conference.
Mom and Dad I am sending a letter to you. Hopefully it will get to you....sometime within the next couple of months......Hopefully :)
I am way excited for this week. We are having a soire with our stake president today. So that will be fun.
O MY!! I am so happy for Ashley! I am so glad that she is planning on getting her endowments! That is SO SWAG!
OH! Yes to answer your question, Dad, yes I am the district leader right now. And so basically I just need to gather the stats of those that are in my district.....which is me and my companion and the zone leaders....So I just give them our stats every week. Then if there is a baptism I would need to interview them. But I don't think that will happen while I am in this area....Yep that's all my responsibilities for now.. :)
Well I think that's about it for now but I love you all and will talk to you all next week!
Love, Elder Lehr

No comments:

Post a Comment