Monday, May 26, 2014

I am walking in His footsteps - 5/26/14



Hmm.....Where to start......Hmm.....Should I wait till the end of the email to tell where I am getting transferred or just spill the beans......Hmm...haha Are you ready to hurt me yet mom? haha I love you :)

MISY VAOVAO! I am getting transferred to the wonderful area of........................................................................................................................FIANARANTSOA! Yep! I am going to the Fianarantsoa north area where my companion is, Elder Midgley. I will leave this Wednesday amin ny alalany taxibrus. So that will be way fun. :) To tell a little bit about my area, it is a couple hours south of Antsirabe and Ambositra. There are LOTS of hills. And I will be riding a bike. I am SO EXCITED! I will miss Ambohiboa, but I am excited and ready to serve the Lord in a new capacity and to love a different group of people. Also! Trivia: Fianarantsoa was the area that my trainer was born. So we talked yesterday about it and he is way happy for me. :)

Just like last week was a week of plenty and providence...This week was the exact opposite. Almost all of our times fell through and we found out that Jean Claud and his family will be in Mahajanga till November. So we will call the missionaries there to tell them about that family so that they don't get lost.

Yesterday we taught a lesson to Saondra before church started. It was a way cool lesson, and the spirit was WAY strong as we testified. She is so prepared. She has been keeping the commandments to the best of her knowledge and has been investigating the church since March. I am so happy for her. Things are going in the right direction and the dark veil that was over her is being lifted. It's so inspiring to see that happen to people.

After church, all of our times fell through, and so it became kind of discouraging and for some reason I was just feeling kind of alone and that nothing was working out. As I began writing in my journal, I began to realize little blessings that had been given to us that day, and instantly I felt gratitude for having been able to be in this area and to serve the people here. I also remembered that the Holy Ghost can ALWAYS be with me, even when things are hard. And as I sat there pondering on the thoughts that were in my mind, peace settled over me and I knew that God was with me. 

As I have served the people in Ambohiboa, I am most grateful for being able to be a servant in the path of the Master. Yes, I make mistakes and wander off and try to return, but I have learned that as I have kept my glance on the Savior....I have been able to walk on water, (in a figurative sense) and withstand the waves and the winds that surround me. I will never regret being in Ambohiboa. I know that God lives, and loves us, and that with His grace, we can be changed, and become new people. I Know that Jesus died for us, and then resurrected. I am so very grateful for Him. And I say that in His holy name amen.

Talk to you next week :)

Elder Lehr

No comments:

Post a Comment