Friday, May 2, 2014

Focusing my thoughts on the Lord - 3/31/14



Ok, so first things first. There is an area in our zone that has a super incredible name. It is a place where there are just a whole bunch of souvenir shops and what not and is a place you can hang out......The name of this place is.....THE DIG!!!! Thus when missionaries are going to "the dig" they say "Hey bro, Do you want to go to the dig?" Which I respond "You mean...Do you want to DIG!" It made me think of the bros and trying to "dig". :)
This week a lot of our Father Led Families didn't follow up with their appointments which was really sad.Bbut we are still striving to teach them and help them come unto Christ.
After church on Sunday there was a return missionary that wanted to make me trunky so he told me to come over and showed me a you tube video of "Home" by Michael Buble. I laughed and just shook my head. We ended up just talking about Weird Al for some reason and started to sing White and Nerdy to some little kids. It was pretty fun.
One thing that I learned this week is how great an influence your thoughts can affect things. Before my mission I could spend hours just letting my thoughts go every which way.  But as I have been on the mission, it's been a really cool experience to realize that small parts of myself are slowly being brought to light. And then through the transforming power of the atonement I can have those weaknesses become strengths. It's amazing what the Lord does for you as your thoughts are focused on Him......And then incredibly scary how if you let your thoughts fly without restraint then you become more and more complacent. Thus I am striving to keep my thoughts and desires focused on the Lord in order to more fully feel his spirit and not let the sacred experiences that can be enjoyed be brushed to the wayside.
Haha working out at the Malagasy gym is SO MUCH FUN! I love being able to say "Yes, I did 50 squats with a train axle" or "I lift 4 train gears for my bicep curls." Hmm. SO MUCH FUN!
One last thing. This week we ate some fish. And in Madagascar they eat the WHOLE THING. So I had my first experience with fish head. It's pretty good. And I am getting better and better at pulling out all of the bones. Tasty :) Though I think next week we are planning to celebrate by going to a place where we can eat elephant, giraffe, crocodile, and turtle meat. SO EXCITED!
Anyway love you all
Elder Lehr

No comments:

Post a Comment