Monday, May 5, 2014

The ward is hastening the work of salvation - 5/5/14



Good morning!

This week has been pretty awesome. Time is just flying by, and I can't believe that it's almost time for Mother's Day. That is going to be SO AWESOME!

So this week we were able to meet with a couple named George and Madame Francois. They are the grandparents of Nirine who is Faniry's cousin. They were sick so we gave them a blessing and it was really cool to be able to feel the spirit as we served them.

One of the highlights this week was 1. Our ward council, and 2 Trying to find some families in an unknown area. So with our ward council, the 1st counselor in our bishopric opened the meeting by reading in Manual 2 of the church and talked about the purpose of ward council. With that purpose in mind, he then talked about each of our investigators individually and asked us how we as a ward council could help them. It was amazing as the Relief Society presidency, Elders quorum and others gave ideas about how they would come with us to help us teach and to help further the work. I was in absolute shock. I saw the work of salvation being hastened right before my eyes. It was amazing, and it makes everything so exciting! I can't wait to really work with the members to help further the work of the Lord.
2nd: Yesterday we tried to find a family in an area that we haven't been to and were completely unsuccessful. BUT we found a guy that had shot a parrot out of the sky with a sling shot. And so we got to take some pictures of the parrot. They are some way sick birds :)

On a more spiritual note: This week has been great. As we have been able to listen to conference more and more, we get taught from on high, and are strengthened and recommitted to the work of the Lord.

Yesterday we taught Emmanuel and Vero.  Even though Emmanuel was drunk again, he told us how much he wanted to change and that even though his family was protestant he would come to church because he wanted to become clean. As we taught them about the Book of Mormon, I could feel the love that Heavenly Father has for him. Families are harder to teach, but OH THEY ARE WORTH IT! I love teaching families. There is definitely a special spirit when you teach something that was made to help the family come closer to God and eventually help them return to Him. I love this work.

Anywhos, so I think I will keep this short, but I love you all.

am-pitiavana

Elder Lehr

P.S. The zone leaders are pretty sure that I am getting transferred this transfer.  I will be way sad to leave this area. I love it SO MUCH! But I think it will be good for me and that I will be able to grow more. :)


So Yesterday we celebrated our Fast Sunday with legit Mexican food. Only then did we realize that the next day (today) would be Cinco de Maio. Or whatever that Spanish holiday is. So I woke up this morning with some pretty bad bowel movements from the Mexican food, but it was SO WORTH IT! 

I am so blessed being here. Every day is beautiful and great. Teaching the gospel is the best. And slowly I am becoming what the Lord wants me to be. That's what President Adams always talks about. He tells us "It's not what you do on the mission that counts, but what you BECOME. Then as you become what Heavenly Father wants you to be, you will return to Him and be comfortable in His presence."

I love the gospel, and I love teaching people about the Restoration. Here in Madagscar everyone believes in Jesus, but everything about our message is different. It's not just believe but becoming.*



No comments:

Post a Comment