Wednesday, April 30, 2014

The Weekly Shpeel - 3/10/14


Elder Lehr and Elder Rasolofonirina with Peter and Jimmy

Ok,
So to start things off, I had the wonderful honor of baptizing Peter today. He is a stud of a kid and it was such an amazing experience to baptize him. Haha Right now in the background they are playing the song "I had christmas down in Africa." It's kind of interesting since I am in Africa right now ;)
 
So this week we also had our first person ever tell us to not come anymore. He told us that he knew that eventually we would tell him that his baptism was not correct and so he didn't want to learn any more. It was kind of sad, but at the same time I had peace because I know that we did our best and that he still had his agency.
Also our new zone leader "Elder Mitchel" is probably one of the coolest people I have ever met. He kind of reminds me of Eddy Heaton, but more spunky, and then he is going into the marines. He is such a hoot. It has been such a blessing to have his light and joyful spirit in the home. Whenever you talk to him you just feel happy. That type of person is a jewel and a treasure to have.
Today Elder Rasolofonirina and I are going to Tana again so that we can get my Book of Mormon bound and to get some baptism records filled out for Jimmy and Peter.
Lastly, I think I am going to talk about our plans on getting more...Buff....So Elder Mitchel has been looking everywhere in our area for a good, cheap gym. We are going to be checking on a malagasy gym near the airport that is about 500 ariary a day to go to. From what I have been told, malagasy gyms use a lot of car parts and other junk to do their excercises. I am SO EXCITED for that! That's going to be way swag :)
Anyway I think that's all for now. But thank you for your prayers. It means so much and gives us the strength we need to go on.
The mission has been wonderful and hard. It's been worth every second.
Elder Lehr

No comments:

Post a Comment