Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Madagascar 1/27/14




Elder Rasolofonirina and Elder Lehr
OK!
So first things first, as a lot of you know I am serving in a little area outside of Tana called Ambohebao. My trainer is Elder Rasolofonirina. He is a stud. This email will be a lot shorter since it is taking me awhile to get used to the international keyboards.
Anyway Madagascar is awesome. There are only a few places that smell decent and everywhere else smells kind of akin to poop, but I love it here all the same. In our house we have the zone leaders: Elder Evens and Elder Gaul. I am pretty sure Elder Evens and Elder Steele were companions.
Yesterday was awesome. Some of our appointments were falling through but Elder Rasolofonirina remembered a family that he and his previous companion had found when contacting. They are a pretty big family. The father was a little bit drunk, but the rest were really anxious to here our message. We decided that we are going to be praying for them every day because we feel that they are a family that is ready.
I loved church yesterday. They have a pretty awesome piano that can do organ sounds :) Because I could not understand all of the things that were being said....I had the opportunity to read the scriptures and do some self evaluation. The spirit was really strong there and I loved partaking the sacrament. Definitely the best part.
Well I have to email president, but I shall talk to you later in 1 week!
Elder Lehr

No comments:

Post a Comment