Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Not Much Time and pics from the Crocodile/Lemur farm - 2/23/14



Right now I am going to have to be really short with this week's email since we are in fact going to the farm today and then we will be cleaning our bacteria infested apartment.
So this week has been awesome. We are planning on having Jimmy and Peter baptized on the 8th of Mars and so Jimmy will be meeting with President Lalary (?)....I think that's how you spell his name....and then they will be baptized! We taught Joana yesterday and she told us "So when can I be baptized?" We were like YEA! So we are planning for her to be baptized the week after conference. Also as we have been meeting with Patrick and his family, the kids play with us a lot and I think that is starting to soften the heart of Patrick's wife. I really pray and hope that she will want to hear the lessons and that she and Patrick can participate in the full blessings that Heavenly Father wants for him.
So we only had about 9 of our investigators come to church out of the 12 that we wanted but that is ok. They are all really diligent and feel the support of the Ward. The members truly make all the difference.
We had family home evening on Friday with Tina and Fafa which was one of the best experiences this week. I was really homesick on Friday, and it wasn't until we spent our family home evening with them that I was able to feel uplifted. They are so great, and it was a real blessing as they gave the spiritual thought and shared their love for the Savior. Also yesterday we spent about 2 hours with Emanuel and Vero. Emmanuel was drunk again so whenever we would try to speak he would just cut us off and bombard us with questions. It became really hard to teach them and Elder Rasolofonirina got pretty frustrated. But as we started to get close to talking about the Book of Mormon, I had a thought come into my mind that if I were to bear my testimony on the Book of Mormon then Heavenly Father would allow my words to be "carried to their hearts with force and power." It was a pretty crazy thought, but when the time came.. I opened my mouth and began by saying "That book is true." Once I said these words everyone stopped. And a peace and quiet came into the room. I told them that if they read the Book of Mormon and then ask God if it is true, then the Holy Ghost would tell them that it was true. If the Book of Mormon was true then Joseph Smith saw God and Jesus and then restored the Gospel of Jesus Christ and his true church. As I finished my testimony Elder Rasolo then bore his testimony. Emmanuel then tried to speak, but Vero cut him off saying "Emmanuel, don't you realize that all we have to do is read the book and ask God if it's true? Just read the book and God will tell you if it's right or wrong."
That was SO POWERFUL. Anyway I have to say my adieus right now but I will talk to you all later next week. Veloma!
Elder Lehr

Papa and Mama Crocodiles


Elder Lehr keeping a safe distance thankfully

So that's what a lemur looks like!

Elder Rasolofonirina feeding the lemur.
 
Elder Lehr giving the lemur some TLC apparently.

No comments:

Post a Comment