Wednesday, April 30, 2014

The Little Miracles - 2/17/14



This week has been amazing for me. In my every day activities I have been focusing on trying to see the small and simple things. I am a living witness that miracles do exist. These simple things have allowed me to be grateful for all that God has given me, and allows me to be full of the spirit when my natural self would say that I shouldn't be feeling that way.

Every day I get to see the Lord part a sea of trials of an investigator.
Every day I get to see the Lord touch the STONY hearts that people have, one by one, and see them become beacons of light to guide others toward the promised land.
Every day I get to see people raised from spiritual death, and be living testaments that Jesus Christ died for them, and that they are children of God.
Every day I get to see broken hearts mended and broken families...slowly become put together through the atonement of Jesus Christ.
How do I see such miracles every day? I see it when we have been teaching an investigator that has been struggling to know that the Church is true, and we show the movie about the restoration, and then feel the spirit enter the room and testify to everyone that it's true. This woman then told us "I now know that Joseph Smith was a prophet, the Book of Mormon is true, and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the true church of God."
I see little miracles as I bear testimony that we are children of our Heavenly Father and that I KNOW that Joseph Smith saw God the Father and His son Jesus Christ.
The fact that I have felt the change in myself these last couple of months is proof to me that God touches the hearts of man and allows them to become filled with light (see Ether 3).
I love missionary work. Sometimes it is so draining, but the blessings that I have experienced will allow me to become the person that Heavenly Father wants me to become. I am so grateful for my Savior, and am grateful for a living prophet.
I know with all my heart that if we feel alone, and feel abandoned.... we can always turn to our Savior. In Jacob we learn that "blessed are the pure in heart... for they shall be comforted" As I read this scripture I realized that if we have pure hearts then we have the promise that whenever we are feeling down and out....if we turn to our Heavenly Father...HE WILL COME TO US! He has NOT LEFT US, nor will he ever, for "a mother would sooner leave her suckling child." I have felt this power as I have been on a mission and testify that this miracle and gift comes from God. He is ever able and willing to give us what we need for He loves us all so very much.
I don't know why I went on that tangent but I felt that someone might have needed it this week. For the person that might have needed it this week...I love you, and pray that whatever you are feeling or whatever things are happening in your life to make it difficult....Turn to the one who has promised "Come unto me all ye that labor and are heavy laden and I shall give you rest..." "Come now and let us reason together...Though your sins be as scarlet...They shall be as white as snow.. Though they be [as blood stained and irremovable] as crimson.. They shall be as wool." Don’t give up.
OK! Sorry for the tangent, but I felt that was needed for maybe the 1 person that it could affect. Now to let you know we again are NOT going to the croc farm today. Elder Gunnel had some things that he needed to do so...I will just tell you on the Pday that we actually go to the croc farm...that we are going...
So again this week has been great. I am in Jacob 5 in my scripture study and it's going fantastic. I did not realize how amazing Nephi and his family were. So many things have stood out to me as I have been in the service of the Lord and have been trying to become the person that He wants me to be.
On Saturday we met with a man and his uncle was there. The uncle was completely drunk. He started to talk about how God was a Vaza or foreigner, and how he was not actually a Malagsy but he was a vaza. Whenever he started to speak, the grandma would tell him "quiet!" when she would say this... he would fold his arms reverently and close his eyes and be quiet for about 1 min. Every time without fail he would do this. So funny!
Well that's all I can really think about....Love you all! Hope you have a great week!
Am-pitiavana
Elder Lehr

No comments:

Post a Comment