Wednesday, April 30, 2014

A Tid Bit from Elder Lehr - 3/2/14



To all those interested in the Madagascar Mission adventures of Elder Spencer Lehr:

Elder Spencer Lehr didn’t really email this week.  He thought he would have time after they played football in the city.  But that didn’t work out.  He did chat with the family late Sunday night for a few minutes since he was on at 8 am his time.  Here is his side of the conversation so you can see how he is doing:

haha! It's about 8:20 right now, and we are playing soccer at 10:00 so that is why I am emailing early. Also thanks so much for your emails. I am so glad that I have you all as my family. So Elder Gunnell is leaving this Wednesday and I am trying to get a CD Burned that has some pictures for you all.

Elder Gunnell and Elder Lehr
This week has still been hard, but it's also been a really good week. I will tell you more in the email of generality....In fact I might only be able to write part of it and then after we get back from main Tana I will finish my writing to you all. Thanks so much for all that you wrote to me, it really has helped.

So we had Tahina and Fafa come to church yesterday!!! Sadly Bernard (Momie's husband) doesn't want to come to church anymore and we have had about 3 more Olanas (problems). This always happens after we are having a swag week!

Yes we are still teaching their family (the woman who was painting and said MANDROSO “Come In”). Tahina is the daughter of Monique. They are the best!! They gave me fresh vanilla beans from their plants for FREE!! Its enough to last me a year! I love them SO SO MUCH!! They are the best! Sadly Emmanuel yesterday was SO SO DRUNK. So we didn't end up teaching them :(

Nicole I am really sorry but we have to take a taxi to Tana right now. I will email you back personally when we get back. I love you all with all my heart, and you will all be asleep when I email you :)
It's funny how Christian and I have been having very similar experiences physicially except in a little bit different ways. Sometimes in the taxibe their is no room and so you just hang on to the back of the door and hope you don't fall off and die :)

The inside of the taxibe 
Not sure I'd want to be in the backseat of this taxibe
 And the language is coming amazing. Elder Rasolo was telling me that I am WAY far ahead and am better then a lot of missionaries that have been out 6 months :)
Anyway we are leaving now. Thanks for the CHAT! I love you all :)

Elder Rasolofonirina and Elder Lehr taking a "selfie" inside of a Taxibe
Then he finally got back and responded:
Ok so I don't have any time right now since we came back from soccer at around 4:00 and this is the slowest compy ever, but that is ok.

So soccer is SO MUCH fun with other missionaries. I love hanging with the other missionaries. I am doing a lot better emotionally and spiritually. Thanks for all of your prayers for the missionaries. They help so much!

So this Saturday Peter and Jimmy are getting baptized! Wahoo! That is going to be so much fun, and sadly at the same time there exists some problems with the ward. Again that is ok because I know that the Lord will help us overcome them.

Anyway I gave Elder Gunnell my SD card so that he can give you the pics. He will be coming home Wednesday (actually Friday).

Love you all. Sorry this is so short

Elder Lehr

No comments:

Post a Comment