Wednesday, April 30, 2014

So Many Things - 2/10/14



OK! So to begin with, I have not had any bowel problems, but it was just the puking of the food. 2nd I am doing a whole! lot better and mom I am very glad for the food that you sent. That was very needed :)
OK so on Tuesday we had a very...hard day....all of our appointments fell through and so we had a lot of time to tract. After tracting for about an hour or so we took a 5 min break. Then I remembered something that was said in a devotional at the MTC. "We as missionaries do not find people, but God has already prepared them. And then we get to be there to see Heavenly Father do his miracles. So in the 5 minutes that we had I began to pray that while we were tracting if it would be possible to have Him lead us to someone that he had already been preparing. After the prayer, we got up and tracted for about 15-20 more minutes when we met an older woman who was painting. Right as we said we were missionaries from the Church of Jesus Christ...She said MANDROSO!!! Or COME IN! She sat us down on her couch, grabbed her daughters and told them to sit down and listen to us. (Her husband was getting the grandchildren from school at this time) One of the daughters is married and has a couple of kids, and they were perfect! As we have met with Monique (The older woman) and her daughters rhey have been so responsive to the message of the Restoration. They told us "Yes we are catholic but we don't like any of the churches here. We are going to ask God if this is true and if it is then we want our entire family to hear the discussions and then to get baptized in the church."
I think you can imagine the surprise that we had when they told us this :) They and a couple other people that we have been teaching truly are just like this. The Lord has prepared them and we get to watch the miracles. :) So that was Tuesday :)

Now some other things happened this week that were pretty crazy. As we were walking home on Friday from our investigator that was going to get baptized the next day, we heard a huge CRACK behind us. It seriously sounded like thunder had hit the ground right next to us, but in reality a taxibe had come and hit a person about 10 feet behind us. His head was bleeding pretty bad, but it was cool to see that people started to direct traffic and others called a taxi so that they could get him to a hospital. The Lord was truly protecting us as we were going home. I feel that if the Lord had not been protecting us then we could have been seriously injured and that there would have been a high probability that it would have been one of us.

THEN! On Sunday we were walking to church when we saw ANOTHER TAXIBE hit someone except this time the person was completely dead (as opposed to "partially dead"?). How do I know this? Elder Rasolofonirina went over to him and said that he was completely flat. No I did not go over to see this for myself since I know that I would have had no breakfast left, but WOW! So crazy! Then later on Sunday we found out that this man that died was a friend of one of our investigators.....Ya we are going to be praying for him a lot this week.
Other then those crazy incidences this week has been a blast. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE my companion and the people of Ambohiboa. The people are so incredibly kind and they have such a special spirit about them.
Today we are not going to the lemer farm since I guess some elders are going to the Croc farm NEXT week. So that's what I will be doing next Monday...which means that I don't know when I will have time to email but nevertheless it shall be done!
I love the Book of Mormon, and I love that the Church of Jesus Christ is again on the earth and that it has been restored in all of its totality.
Sometimes when I am thinking of home, and the things that I miss...I see the little children here and how they throw rocks at cans and are laughing so intensely. People that truly have nothing are SO happy together. O how my d


(loss of internet connection – results in hurried response to Dad’s “What??”)

dang it. The connection went out so I had to go to a different internet cafe. Sorry about that. 

Maybe you could explain that the children and families are so happy because they do things together. It's in the simple things that we can be happy. Being here has opened my eyes to how important family truly is. Whether it's in taking walks or playing a board game or eating together at the table. Family and the gospel is what makes us happy.

Also could you give me a really simple pancake recipe? I want to make pancakes :)

(He would have ended with at least “Love, Elder Lehr”)

Elder Rasolofonirina sent us this picture from the baptism they had on 2/8/2014


 

No comments:

Post a Comment