Monday, December 29, 2014

Kristmasy! - 12/29/14


Fianarantsoa North District prior to transfers. (Thanks to Robin Coleman for the picture)


Christmas has been awesome. We had great activities, translated a movie, and I got to skype the fam. What a better way to celebrate Christmas? 

Investigators have kind of been going through the poop right now, since almost all of them say, "We are lutheran, and our family is lutheran, and all of our ancestors are lutheran. As such we are obliged to have you come into our home to teach about the gospel, but even if Jesus himself were to come and tell us that your faith was the right one, then I would not change faiths because all of our family is lutheran.".......We had several people say this exact thing to us on Sunday.....Wow...... So our goals are basically helping the investigators that we have right now to progress toward baptism, and then to help as many Melchizedek priesthood holders come back, and to teach part member families.

Miracle of the week; So we went to Ibitty on Tuesday, and Besoa on Friday which are both about an hour and a half to 2 hours by biking to get to church. We visited a couple of families...AND THEY ALL CAME TO CHURCH! Wahoo! We have seen also that no matter how many spiritual thoughts you give to people....it doesn't do anything. As we have started to teach doctrines to people, to help them understand what they believe to be true, and why it's so important, then the Holy Ghost comes in and takes the teaching into their hearts.

I received an email from a dear friend of mine, saying that when he got home from his mission...after a week or so, it feels that he never actually left for 2 years, but that only 2 weeks or so had passed....What a scary feeling! I don't know, it makes me want to really use the time that I have as wisely as I can, just wanting to give all that I can since time is about to run out. I think that will be my "New year" Resolution, to truly try to give all that I am every day to the Lord. And I invite everyone to try to use whatever time they have in the day to come unto Christ more fully. If the first things that we did in the morning were pray and scripture study....Then I cant help but feel that the world would be a better place because slowly we would have our hearts turn, and become new.

I love you all. and Happy new year :)

Elder Lehr

No comments:

Post a Comment