Tuesday, January 6, 2015

O this week :) - 1/5/15


Pics of the "dona"




Helping out during the soaking rain storm

Elder Lehr in Fianarantsoa

Haha the only way that I can truly describe this week is by going in a sequential order of things. O my giddy aunt.
Monday: We played some wonderful american football for about 3 hours, and then at the very end...I tore my right adducter. (I think that is spelled right, but if not and you don't know what I am talking about, then it is the muscle nearest the groin area.) But it was all worth it because we got to play football :) We then went to work and I got to do an awesome soire with Felix and his family. (Felix and his wife are active and way swag) And me and the branch president taught them how to do a family home evening, and as we were preparing guess what!? This guy named Manampy knocks on the door and he is like "Oh! You are a missionary! I have been to scared to ask you guys but do you think I can learn?!" So I was like "Well heck ya you can!" So he joined us for family home evening and then we talked about Joseph Smith, and the restoration, and it was so cool that he was relating to the entire thing, just like ' Ya my mom is catholic and then my dad is protestant so I have no idea where the true church is.' The spirit was way strong and I know that Felix will do a good job in helping Manampy grow and to learn more.
Tuesday: This was supposed to be my day to drive the truck out to the dona......But according to what my body told me due to the above mentioned adductor tearing......I was not able to even get in the car without help from my companions.....It was one of the most humiliating things to have. To go out to lunch and to have Elder Christiansen grab me by the shoulder and help me into the truck....Though luckily I found a metal rod in the house that I used for a cane, and then had the wonderful opportunity to go out to the land of Ibity where there is a bunch of less actives. SO! We went on the long journey to Ibity, and talked to "Dadabe Parssen" (Dadaba is grandfather) who is the president of the Elders quorum, and he proceeded to tell us for 2 hours that his bike tire was flat and that he was going to go less active because he wasn't going to be able to go to church, and then he was telling us on how the lutheran church was also true......;"Palm slap in the face" So we told him that we were going to talk to him some other time, and walked away depressed by the above mentioned Resaka (Talk). After the dadabe we went to an investigator named Voangy who literally lived in the middle of a valley in the middle of nowhere......And Ibity is already the middle of nowhere.....So if you catch what is going on.....1. We go to the middle of nowhere, and hike in the mountain of nowhere, and rock climb over the cliffs of insanity in the valley of nowhere.....All while having a metal cane for me to walk on as my right leg is on fire due to the injury from Monday.......And 2 very very needed companions. Once we got to Voangy through sweat, and tears....She was not there.....And so we descended back into the valley of nowhere, through the river of rocks, and back up the cliffs of insanity, through the woods and back to our car we went. After that we then taught a guy named Bernard about God and our relationship with him.
Dang Tuesday... :)
Wednesday: My leg feels a little bit better and I can actually walk a bit without having to use the cane anymore. So we go over to the church, teach a family who lives about 30 minutes away from church in the OTHER Direction and proceed to have a wonderful new years eve lesson with them. After teaching Emmanuel and his family we went over to Felix to see if we could teach Manampy. So we go and find him not there. (Bummer) On our returning to the car, we find this mob chasing a very very angry cow down the path , when all of a sudden it goes onto a rice pattie wherein lies a helpless old woman with a basket full of clothes on her head and an umbrella, and she is running for her life to get away from the cow that is chasing her. When the cow is almost upon her she jumps into the rice pattie and everything that she has goes flying in all directions. It was nuts. Finally the people get the cow under control and it's about 10 feet from us. Again all of a sudden the cow kind of bucks, and starts charging toward me and Elder Noro. Elder Christiansen jumps towards a nearby garden, and looks back to see Elder Noro going toward the edge of a cliff to jump to a garden and sees me limping along trying to do the same, but the said cow was only 2 feet away from me. So I barely make it and jump about 5 feet to get to the nearby garden of mangahazo. When I land I feel a little tear in my adductor again, and I realize that within a period of 3 days I had torn my adductor twice because of football and then because of a stinkin’ omby (or cow). What a week so far!
Thursday: We have a wonderful schedule for new years day. We have an activity with the branch and once we get there around 2 o clock, we get rained on hard core par core. So our job becomes the emergency rescue squad for all the subwoofers and people in Ibity and Besoa. And after a soaking day and our business done.......We have no more time to teach and go straight home.....Haha well at least we are still alive.
Friday: Elder Christiansen goes with Elder Noro and does MLS Stuff the entire day, and I go with Filho Risa and Frere Max in order to teach some members. It was a good day, and we were able to teach this ridiculously old dadabe and bebe. After our lessons we got Elder Christiansen and Noro and proceeded on our journey home, having done a good work.
Saturday: We go to the chruch at 8:00 in order to help this very very old bebe cut her rice....or harvest? anyway we went to (mijinja) the rice, and spent about 3 hours cutting and cutting rice. It was SO COOL! The old bebe was crazy too because we had 2 people from the elders quorum and she was like "Where is all the rest of the help!" And they were like "Look bebe, we have 5 people here that are going to harvest your rice." But then she responded by saying " Ya! But 3 of them don't know what the heck they are doing!?" We were just like "What the garglemesh!? We are trying to do service for ya! You could at least be grateful for that!" Haha old bebes are the best! Oh! While we were harvesting the rice we saw the biggest spiders I have ever seen, and then I also cut my hand with the sickle....Adventures in the dona :)
Sunday: Everything, just worked out. We got Elder Randrianantenaina (Jonny) to help us, and we just did a bunch of teaching. IT was awesome! We taught bebe Nety, and Her grandson Lova, and then we taught soure Emil, and we just had a blast yesterday. We taught about covenants and had a really great time teaching on how covenants work in our lives and why we need them. I am so grateful for this church. And I know that it is true with all my heart. It is the best thing to see peoples lives changed and their hearts softened. I love this work.
Am-Pitiavana
Elder Lehr
P.S I think I am healed and we are planning on playing football again today. WAHOO!

P.S.S. I wanted to talk to you guys about what happened for zone meeting on Thursday.
So the zone leaders gave a wonderful lesson about coming before the throne of god with confidence, and we talked about how if we want to be able to be in the celestial room and to know the lord is pleased with us then we are going to want to give all that we have to this work.
Like 1. Taking ownership of the area, and to really make it "Your vineyard" and to not make excuses for others, but to really try to do all you can.
2. Make a commitment with god to be able to do all you can to grow your area and to leave it off better then it was.
I don't know it was a way good zone conference and made me really want to do my best. I love this work.
Anywhos, Have a wonderful time with your freezing cold weather! haha while its about 90 degrees here, or when it rains it gets down to like.....60 ish or 70. yeye yeye :)

No comments:

Post a Comment