Monday, December 8, 2014

.......ITS ALMOST CHRISTMAS!!! - 12/8/14



What the mahatrunky emails that you guys sent! Haha I miss being with family So much :)
Yesterday we actually had the beginning of a white christmas! We were coming home from church and we see this huge gigantic wall of rain coming toward us from the mountains. It was almost like "The Nothing" From the Neverending Story. It was SO COOL! As it was coming we could hear the sound of the rain getting closer and closer until all of a sudden we were getting pelted by hail and rain. YEP! We had little ice cubes hitting the house and causing flooding. I am going to count that as my white christmas here in madagascar :) Hehe
Elder Mack and I also ran into a.....Little problem....on Wednesday. So here is my back story: Someone started to gossip about us as missionaries because he got offended at us for kidding around. When we tried to apologize he wouldn't accept it, and we heard from some people that the trust that missionaries had with members was broken because of that one thing. So we became very.....how to say that in english...Discouraged? (Kivy) and it was just a fun week because of that....But here is the good part about everything... I talked to him again and now he is ok with everything! So now we are just trying to restore our relationship with members. Lesson learned. It's good to joke around, but you have to be careful with what you say. And also Gossip is one of the worst things I have ever seen in my life. Done.
We have also had a wonderful time trying to get people to go to church, But it's kind of hard right now. We are praying and really striving to help these people, but I also recognize that there is only so far that you can go, and then they need to choose to go.
This week is going to be way fun. We have an open house for the church this Thursday and Friday, and then we have the zone conference on Saturday. SO we have a way fun week ahead of us. :)
So a little bit of the plague that is going around madagascar right now. The missionaries here are supposed to take DOXI for malaria and bubonic plague prevention. In fact the Missionary Nurse is saying that we really need to not get lazy in taking it. SO! We have been trying to follow the guidance of our leaders, and we know that if we will obey then we will be blessed, and we don't have to worry about the plague or malaria. So moms don't need to worry but the mission is taking good care of us :)
OH! Here is a little vaovao!? So we might be getting a new branch president right as soon as President Adams gets here. :) So that is a little news.
And aminy farany dia farany, We were at frere Etiens house and his little kids are SO CUTE! I almost died and just went home right there. Dang those little mongrals make me want to have a family SO BAD! Haha but it's ok :) We are still being blessed with the strength to Mandà the Fakam-panahy (To reject the temptation) To take some of these kids home with us :)
Well I love you all. I hope you are having a merry old time preparing for the christmas season. I love this mission. I love madagascar, and I love the people so much.
Love Elder Lehr

No comments:

Post a Comment