Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Its the most wonderful time of the year - 12/15/14



Elder Lehr saying goodbye to some families in Fianarantsoa



(Thanks to Elder Mack and his mom for the above pictures of our Elder Lehr)

Zone conference. Open house. And transfers. What an amazing thing to have in a week to set off a new change. My heart is so full of gratitude for the opportunity to have been in Fianarantsoa. Out of all the people in this world....I feel more connection with these beautiful betsileo people. I have several families here that are my family here in Madagascar. Jean Chrys, Frere Etiene, Frere Mario, The Couple missionaries (The Rakotoarisoas) and the missionaries here. As I look back on last 7 months I feel that my understanding of the gospel, my perspective on life, and many other things have changed. 

Yesterday we were going to visit a recent convert that I baptized, and we told here that I was going to be leaving and at that time I hadn't really thought that I had a real impact here in Fianarantsoa. As we were giving the spiritual thought, she just burst into tears, and was super sad that I was going to be leaving. I don't know....I guess....What I want to express right now is that in even making a difference in one person, or a couple of families in Fianarantsoa....I believe that I have been successful. I have grown and endured and I feel a great desire to continue my relationship with these people. Haha I definitely think that I have become a (Bobo Betsileo) :)
Elder Mack is going to get an awesome companion that was working in Ambohipo. His name is Elder Hammer. SUCH A STUD! He is going to have a lot of fun, and I think he will really grow in his Malagasy since they are both kind of at that beginning level.
One of the things that really touched me this week was in zone conference. President Adams was talking  alot about "Conversion" and how someone can keep the commandments all they want, but if they are doing it, just to do it and not doing it because they want to...Then they are not converted and will fall. We can not fake it in the gospel of Jesus Christ. Heavenly father wants us to sacrifice "ALL THAT WE HAVE!" That means our very hearts, desires, will, life, and soul. When we live like that...Then what are commandments? They are the way that we show our love for him. "If ye love me keep my commandments." But what if we dont have that desire inside of us? How can we change so that we can come unto Christ and receive TRUE REPENTANCE? According to the words of Alma:
"But behold, if ye will awake and arouse your faculties, even to an experiment upon my words, and exercise a particle of faith yea, even if ye can no more than desire to believe, let this desire work in you, even until ye believe in a manner that ye can give place for a portion of my words." Thus even if the desire to change is there, to recieve a new heart and a new way, then that is enough, and the Atonement of jesus christ will take a hold on us as we exercise our faith by trying to keep the commandments, and trying to live like heavenly father would have us live. I know that to be true with all my heart. BUT! You dont have to take my word for it. In fact it is not ok if you do so, but i would invite you by saying "Will you try follow jesus christ by applying the strengthening power of the atonement in your life through faith in him?" I know that if you do so, you will recieve true conversion. NOt just a testimony of this truth, but you will be able to endure to the end with a "Mighty change of heart."
Oh! I guess I should tell where I am being transferred hehe.. I am going to be transferred to ANTSIRABE! To a place called Manandona. It is a beautiful countryside place where the members travel for I think about 2 hours to get to church. I am pretty stoked and my companions will be Elder Christianson And Elder Andriamanganoro. I am SO EXCITED :) I will be leaving in a taxibrus this Wednesday morning so that I can get to Antsirabe in the evening. Haha last Taxibrus ride from Fianarantsoa!!!! WHAO WHAOP! hehe

Well I love you all, sorry this is kind of a longer email.
I will talk to you all next time in the ambala of Antsirabe.
Mandrapihaona! (See you soon)
Elder Lehr

P.S. Hey dad... Was it this crazy for you...you know when you were on your mission...To where when you leave an area you just feel that...You are leaving apart of who you are. You feel that you will never be the same because...For all things accounted for...You will never see them again maybe...I don't know...I would love to come back to Madagascar so that I could see the people here in Fianarantsoa. I love them so much. If only I could just take them all with me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment