Monday, October 6, 2014

Probably the swaggest son ever - 10/6/14



Elder Lehr and Elder Mack


Elder Lehr at "The Crown of Thorns"

Elder Mack at "The Crown of Thorns"

"The Crown of Thorns" in Laindastra



First....My son is such a swag demon. He was pretty much an answer to prayer. My companion's name is Elder Jordan pahako Mack. We connect SO WELL. It is super nice. We have been working hard for the last couple of days, and we have been playing hard as well. I love singing with this Tenor 2, and we have just been having a great time.
Lets begin though at the start of this story.
So on Monday we arrived in Antsirabe, and we left Tuesday morning to Tana. Then I became companions with Elder Web for Tuesday and Wednesday. SO MUCH FUN! We got to be with Elder Herin and Elder Razafamandimby from Fort Dauphan. We had almost too much fun. Then Thursday came and we had some training with President Adams. It was really awesome to because he was cracking jokes and just having a fun time with us. Then we met our Trainees, and the heavens opened and Elder Mack descended to meet me.........Yes! After talking to the guy a bit, I found that there was a lot of things that we had in common. This is going to be an AWESOME 12 weeks, and I will be very sad when the time comes that I do leave.
So Thursday we went back to Antsirabe, and then in the morning we went with Rakotomalala and Roje, and I got to sleep on a mattress as we went to Fianarantsoa. (Haha well there were only 5 seats available and 6 missionaries that needed to fill them.....So I slept with the luggage all the way to Fianarantsoa :)

On Friday we taught Andry. And then on Saturday we found 3 new families that we could teach, and then had meetings with President Adams, and then got fed at their hotel. The Food was SO GOOD! I then got interviewed by President and it was just a good time to be with him.
On Sunday we had church, and I translated in the other branch for some of the couple missionaries. That was kind of fun. Then we taught one of the families that we tracked into named Gilbert. He was super drunk but I think that he is super ready to receive this gospel. We gave a blessing to his wife who was crippled. Then we taught Pierre and Zoma, and about 15 other people in a small room. That was fun :) Then we taught Hoby and guess what???! His father and mother were there! The Lord is really preparing this family to be able to come into the gospel. We asked them what their feelings were about Hoby being baptized, and they said that they would talk to him and see if he is ready to stay committed to a church and if so then they did not have a problem. His mom and dad are SUPER COOL!
Then today, Elder Mack and I went up by Laindastra and climbed the mountain. It was very very beautiful. We were inside a cloud and we took some awesome pictures and just had a good time enjoying the scenery and visiting the crown of thorns that is like 5 feet wide. IT'S HUGE! Haha
Anyway I love you all. I am very excited to be with Elder Mack. I think that we are going to work hard and have an awesome time. Anyway I love you all.
Am-Pitiavana

Elder Lehr

No comments:

Post a Comment