Monday, October 13, 2014

Baptisms - 10/13/14



Elder Lehr and his mission "father" (trainer) Elder Rasolofonarina who completed his mission a few transfers ago (love the shirt!)

Elder Lehr sees Elder Rasolofonarina again. Sweet reunion. He loves his trainer.
Well, things have been going really well this week. We have been doing tracting, teaching, talking, walking, and we had a baptism on Saturday.
We had 4 people from our branch that were baptized and then 3 from the other branch. I had the opportunity to baptize 3 of them. Elder Rakotoarisoa baptized 1 of them. And then Elder Garcia baptized 3 of the ones from his branch. It was a way awesome experience. Haha as I was baptizing a girl named Dophene, she got super scared and totally started to cry. So we got her to calm down and then I dunked her. She came out just crying. Probably the only baptism I have seen where someone was not crying because of joy :) hehe
Things are kind of crazy here in Fianarantsoa. Elder Rakotoarisoa is our temporary branch president, and we are trying to find some new land so that we can get 2 new churches here in Fianarantsoa. And we are trying to find and teach more families. A couple days ago, Elder Mack and I were walking in a place called Sahalava. In that place we were able to meet... A bunch of women. They are all SUPER Funny, and we found out that 4 of them are married and they all have their own families. So...OUR PRAYERS WERE ANSWERED! The Lord has truly been blessing us as we have been trying to find new people to teach.
Elder Mack and I are doing really Good. I really like him, and we have a lot of fun every single day :) haha as we were making the baptism program on Friday he taught me how to use a hash tag..;For example: #Firstandonlytimeeverusingahashtag
:)
The electricity "Jiro" in Fianarantsoa has been going in and out like the style of the 80s. It's been kind of annoying to have it go in and out all the time, but we are getting through it. Just pray for rain :)

Elder Mack is doing pretty awesome. People have already said that his accent is good.....Now he just needs to learn Malagasy :) Which he is already making leaps and bounds. I really feel that he will be able to be fluent in about 6 months. The Lord will bless him and he and I will be able to mifosafosa (Gossip) all the time in Malagasy :) just kidding :)

As we have been working and finding new Investigators, it's interesting how much satan tries to destroy the work. He really does hate us all, and wants to stop this truth from spreading. But I know that when all Hell breaks loose....You are on the right track :) The people of Madagascar are so amazing. They are so smart. Sometimes so poor. But I have seen the gospel literally change people's lives to where God blesses them beyond imagination. I love this work. I love being here in Fianarantsoa and I love all the blessings we receive here.

Am-pitiavana

Elder Lehr

No comments:

Post a Comment