Monday, October 20, 2014

A kids volcano project. Almost got killed by a dead man, and LEMURS! - 10/20/14


Oh what a week, what a week.
1st. We had so many crazy things happen this week it wasn't even funny. In all honesty I haven't even thought about my investigators this week, just because of everything that has been going on. SO! To start things off I guess I will tell about how we got a new missionary in our apartment! Elder Coleman. He is basically a perfect mixture of my brother Christian and Eddie Heaton. He is SO FUNNY!  Love the guy!
Elder Mack and I had the great opportunity to go the Famangian'ny olona maty. (The visiting of a dead person) And Frere Liva taught us the way that you talk to the family of someone who had died. It was SO COOL! They thought it was amazing that guests would do their way of things, and really appreciated our visiting. Then on Friday we went to the actual burying of the body, and got to go inside the tomb. It's basically a small house that has places already prepared for the family members. It was also SUPER clean, and SUPER HOT! Haha Elder Mack and I just came out of the tomb sweating like it was raining outside. It was an amazing experience and I think it will help the people that we are teaching really realize that we care about their culture and about their lives. One quick thing about going into the tomb. So they were trying to lift the body and move it from one section of the tomb to the other, and the feet of the dead person almost nailed Elder Mack in the face! That was pretty awesome and so we joke around that he almost got killed by a dead guy :)
A little bit ago I bought 2 coke bottles and put them in the freezer just for a little bit.....( Meaning that I forgot they were in there and woke up the next day) Opened the freezer and found that 1 of my coke bottles had EXPLODED! That was pretty cool. And then when I tried to open up the other bottle, all the carbonation started to go up and it became a fountain of living water....or coke.... So when I have a kid and they have to do some of those volcano projects....I have found the perfect project for him....FROZEN COKE!
This morning we went to a national park called Ranomahafana which is "Hot water." It is a beautiful rainforest about 2 hours away by taxibrus. SUPER Expensive for people who aren't Malagasy, but absolutely beautiful. We had an awesome time and got to see some really cool things like lemurs, trees, waterfalls, and some cool beetles called "Giraffe beetles". Super fun.
The work is going great in Fianarantsoa, but it's been kind of frustrating with the branch. A lot of things have been coming up that really make it hard for the work to progress. It really is true that we need "to clean the inner vessel before we clean the outer vessel." That's why the atonement is so cool. We are not here to judge other people, but if someone has struggles...Then we HELP EACH OTHER! We all need help, and sometimes we need to "Bring others to the feet of the Savior because they cannot bring themselves, and THEN He can heal them." So true. Izay Ilay Izy. (That's that)
I really love being here in Fianarantsoa. It's such an amazing place, and I love teaching the gospel. It really is the answer to our fears, concerns, and everything in our lives. I love being a missionary, a representative of Jesus Christ. I know with all that I am, that God Lives. Izay Ilay Izy.
Love you all

Elder Lehr

No comments:

Post a Comment