Friday, November 13, 2015

A touch of the Philippines - 11/9/15



Ha! So we got a new companion...Elder Calimpong. Way cool, quiet guy from the Philippines. We are going to be together for the rest of the week before transfers. Super excited!
Guess what!!!?? So Riry, Natahsha, Ghina and SUSAN Came to church!!!! I am flipping out right now!! Haha it was SO COOL! Yeye Yeye.
Besides that it's been a great week, but very full of emotions. Excitement, fear, happiness, and everything in between. It doesn't seem real at all that I could be home in a week....BUT! Maybe I will do one of them fomba fomba things and say some things that I have come to learn from the mission.
1. I truly do know that people can change. We don't have to be the same person from the day beforehand, but we can become a completely new creature in Christ. The atonement has become more and more of a real force in my life. And I am so grateful for it.
2. Families are everything. Everything pales in comparison to what the family unit offers and the blessings that exist within.
3. The sacrament holds more power than I ever could have imagined. The renewal of convenants every week allows the windows of heaven to pour down upon us. We start to look more on the grand scheme of things and are more able to see through God's eyes as we continually accept the things that we have done and move on through the atoning blood of Jesus Christ.
4. There are things in culture that are wonderful and beautiful that help us to come unto Christ more fully.....but then there are some that take us away from him....These things must be removed out of our lives. It is literally impossible to come unto the kingdom of God if we hold on to those things. Christ has said "He that doth not give all that he hath can not be accepted to be called my disciple". Clear. Simple. If we are not Willing to give ALL that we have and especially our will. Then we will not be able to come in to the presence of God, and furthermore we will not want to.
5. I truly love these people and am so malahelo that I will be leaving them. They can be way annoying sometimes, but at the same time I never would have expected that I would love them like this. Truly through service we learn to love others. That is what Christ always taught!
I am out of time but I love you all and can't wait to see you.
Mandrapihaona! Veloma Ry tanana!
Am(pitiavana
Elder Lehr

No comments:

Post a Comment