Monday, August 10, 2015

The greatest food ever to have been tasted by me - 8/10/15



What a Swag week!
On Sunday I literally had one of the most incredible meals ever. We are teaching this sakalava family from anosy be and mahajanga, and as we were about to leave they invited us to lunch. And they had prepared a banquet of incredible fish and pasta and this sauce that just made me feel like I was in heaven, and then we had beans and coco. (Tsaramaso coco) The most incredible thing I have tasted in my life!!! WOW!!! It was even better than corn and coco, and...I cant even describe it! SO MUCH GOODNESS!!! :)
On a spiritual note.....This family that we taught on Sunday was only our 2nd time teaching, and the 1st time the father was drunk and smoking, and yesterday he was in a nice shirt and was sober and ready to learn. He even told us that he was excited to learn because he already has felt a change with us being here and trying to help him and his family know the truth. SO COOL!
It's also been a great experience to go from one area in my mission where my calling was to take part in the district and to take a role in running things and knowing how the church runs....To going to another area where I am expected to be directed and I am there for guidance, but still under the direction and flow of priesthood authority. My mission has been one growth from one end of the spectrum to the other. Chiseling at my pride in all directions, and I am so grateful for that. As I invite others to come unto Christ it helps me to do so as well. To not just say what I know is true...but to actually have it be apart of my heart and soul and to KNOW that it is true, and because of it have a desire to continue to improve and change. So subtle and gentle that I don't even know when or how I came to the point of where I am right now. But it's true, and swag :)
I love you all and hope and pray for you all.
Am-Pitiavana
Elder Lehr

No comments:

Post a Comment