Thursday, May 21, 2015

Its the most wonderful time of the year :) - 5/18/15


Elder Lehr, Frere Richard, Elder Razindrasetra, Sister & Pres. Adams


Why Lety e!? This week has been pretty great. We have been going 100 miles an hour for the last couple of weeks but we are doing good. :) It's fun going home and just crashing onto the bed without any other thoughts then "Bed, I am coming onto you like a fat kid on a cupcake!" It's been a wonderful week of splits and preparing for getting people ready to go to the temple.

On Sunday we started a temple prep class to show people that we really want to help them prepare to go to the temple, and that we mean business. So we had 3 families and some other people who are going on missions come to the class, and it was a wonderful experience to see them so attentive and yearning to go. So many people in the Dona are scared to go to the temple because of previous people that have gone, and then came back and did some things that weren't ok. BUT! We are here to fix that :) NO more being scared of going to the greatest place on earth! YES! :p

Haha Also on Sunday my companion went on a split with Max and then I went on a split with Jean Louis, but he ended up having to go to Antsirabe, and so I am thinking "Maybe someone from Antsirabe can be my companion for a little bit" But when we got to the church, I found that they were still having class, and had to wait for member help to come....Then all of a sudden Jean Louis flees and...I am left alone.....I was like "What the ish just happened???" So I went in with the elders quorum and waited for them to be done, but basically got stranded in Antsirabe until about 6:00 and then was able to get someone to go with me back to the dona... "Well at least my companion was doing work while I was drowning like a fish out of water." Fun fun fun :)

Lets see.....Other then that...my companion is one of the coolest people on this earth. I love him so much and it makes being here in the Dona just a wonderful experience. We work way hard and he helps keep me on my feet :) He has also been teaching me how to cook malagasy food. So BONUS!!! Haha we have been making Trondro maina (Really really dry fish) and pork, and cow and other really great malagasy dishes :) 

Things really are improving though in Manandona and I feel that things are going to start to go on fire as we focus on the temple and try to get people pumped for it. That is at least my hope. 

Today we are planning on hanging out with Elder Snell and Anderson since they came up from Ambositra again. I love it when those 2 come down and hang out with us. We get to talk about the life and just drink the sweet sweet nectar of Ft D.

Well I love you all and thank you for Your Prayers for us. 

Am-Pitiavana 

Elder Lehr

No comments:

Post a Comment