Tuesday, April 21, 2015

We get to be match makers :) - 4/20/15



Farming fact number 10: I cant believe that it has already been 10 weeks since this insatiable desire to raise chickens and farm has taken a hold of my very being, and has coursed through my blood purging all other desires in life. WELL! On to the farming fact! So it is SO Important to know the economics of farming. I believe I have already discussed this in previous farming facts, but I want to reemphasize (I have totally forgotten how to spell this word. Heck I almost forgot what an ambush was!) it. SO! During the times of October is the best time to get....What are those in English....DUCKS! Because it is right before the rainy season, and it just works out. Also you have to be careful and vaccinate all of your farm animals when doing this, because some sickness and plagues are more common in certain months of the year.

The week: Usually when we report statistics to the Zone leaders we have things like number of baptisms and lessons and families we are teaching....BUT This week we wanted to do something a little different since we usually end up having to do other things. So we sent in the number of hernia checks that happened this week: 4 number of facebooks made for investigators: 1 number of times cried in sacrament meeting: 5 number of requests for welfare to fix bikes: 5  and 1 partridge in a pear tree. 

We really had a crazy week and it was awesome to have a lot of member help when we were doing so much;..ness... But we are having a baptism THIS FRIDAY!!! WHOA!!! Yep our dear bebe nety is getting baptized on Friday because we are having general conference on Saturday and Sunday. SO THAT WILL BE AWESOME! In accordance with everything that has been going on, I was able to go on a split with the couple missionaries which was super fun! We got up way early to go to the dona, I went back with my son Elder Mack, and then they dropped me off at the Tolmans. We then had a wonderful language study and it was fun teaching them Malagasy. Afterwards we went over to get keyboards from the church and started to do piano lessons for Manandona and then Andranamanelotra. SUPER FUN TIME! Sady! We gave a blessing to one of our investigator's kids because she is kind of sick right now. Fun experience.

OH yea! So I mentioned one of our members I think in the last email or the one before that, but he is SO FUNNY! We got an order from both the mission president and the district president to get him married as fast as possible, SO we get to be MATCH MAKERS!  :) From what he says he should be married by next month. :) With a person who has as much faith as he does...I have no doubt in my mind that it will happen :)

Fort Dona is such a special place. It is a place of miracles and hardships, and chickens, pigs cows, ducks, mixed duck chicken things, and hope. Its been such a blessing to be in a wonderful area with an awesome companion. I love this work and I love being able to see the atonement not only take hold of an individual, but a hold of a group of saints. It's the best :)

am-Pitiavana

Elder Lehr


No comments:

Post a Comment