Wednesday, April 15, 2015

My Favorite New Zealand Malagsy - 4/13/15



Farming Fact number 9: This is going to be a short one since I have to tell about the rest of the week, but don't worry, I will make them nice and long for next time :) SO! When planting your kassava plants, make sure that you take your malagasy shovel at a diagonal slope so that it will cut into the ground easier, that way you don't waste as much energy since it stinks being in the blazing sun with no energy :) (Short and sweet)

So big event of the week: We Got Jean Louis back from New Zealand!  What a stud and.....Also probably the weirdest guy I have ever met in my life. SO he has completely forgotten malagasy, and we had to translate for him to his family. It was the funniest thing I have ever seen in my life! He is way good at english and has literally nothing. People stole his farm land, and his tools, and only his really extended family live in Besoa and all of his immediate family live in Mahajanga. But he wants to live here because he loves farming and he wants to help the branch. WHAT A STUD! Haha when we went to Besoa and we had to go through the river, he looked at the river and was just like "ELDER! I love you so much, You don't mind if I ride on your back across the river so that my shoes don't get dirty?" It was the funniest thing ever, just to see this farm boy go on to my back because he is afraid of the mud. I don't know maybe it is just funny to me and everyone else in Besoa.....Ya :)

Also this week we had some great meetings, and had some councils, and things went well. We have one of our recent converts maybe moving to the ambohimena branch so that is crazy, but we had some member help from ambohimena because they wanted to befriend her. AWESOME!

umm...... actually this letter might be a lot shorter then I thought....awkward haha,  fa tsy maninona! Everything is going well, and I am excited for this upcoming week, of teaching and having a blast in Fort Dona. (Haha President Adams now calls it Fort Dona so I feel we have accomplished something).

Anyway talk to you next week

Love Elder Lehr

No comments:

Post a Comment