Monday, November 17, 2014

Swaggy zone, and spanish rice - 11/17/14



Akory Aby O!
WOW! It seems like so much has happened in the states. Dances, parties, and all the aniya over there. holy cow!
This week, we have had a blast with Elder Rigby and Elder Johnson. Such amazing guys. So kind hearted, and just exactly what we need for Fianaransoa. We have tried to do dinners and different things together. For example yesterday I made some pretty awesome spanish rice and tortillas. SO GOOD. But also it's brought a wonderful spirit to the area by having these wonderful Elders with us.
New Investigators: We tracted into some people that were near our area whose names are Prisca, Bruno, and others. They are so awesome. (They were SO DRUNK when we came to them, but they were still awesome). Haha Bruno's kids are SO CUTE! It really makes me want to adopt a little black girl when the time comes. Bruno, though was super receptive to our message. And we were able to introduce them to the other elders in whose areas they live in. Besides Bruno, we have Mon. Francois who is a really fun guy. He prays in third person but he is pretty cool. SUPER Friendly, but he has promised us that he will come to church on Sunday. Super excited for that.
Branch: Well, the branch is still....Going :) We have really been trying to have these members help us in this work, and a lot of them have just had the fire of testimony snuffed out. We have been trying to figure out how we can rekindle the fire that they once felt so that they will be able to be a light unto others, and not just a soppy piece of poi. :)
Mom, just to let you know, Sister Adams called and told me that they would bring the packages when they come down to zone conference on the 13th of December...So it will just be a little longer till I get those.
OH! I almost forgot a story that happened this week. So on Thursday we were teaching a recent convert when all of a sudden my stomach was starting to growl and to cramp up. As I realized what was going to happen in not to long. We ended the lesson right there and tried to go on a direct course toward home. The only problems were that the cramps were getting worse and worse and about half way home, I knew that if I didn't go somewhere at that point in time.....That something very very very bad was going to happen... So I went forth down a hill and saw about 50 meters away an OpĂȘn VC (Outhouse) and preceded forth to the hallowed building. The only problem is that once your eyes see an actual area in which you can mivoaka then your body automatically starts to prepare for it. SO!, as the door was being closed, I almost had one of the most horrible accidents that I could have had on the mission as the cramps in my stomach released and pain was relieved in my being in order to mivoaka tsara. Ary ny zava-nitranga dia izao "Aminy alalany fahasoavan'Atra, Tsy nisy ny accident." (and this is what came to pass. "Through the grace of God, There was no accident that occurred.)
In order to end this letter properly, I will talk about one of the tender mercies that I have received this week. During Sunday I had the opportunity to get a blessing from Elder Mack, in the which I felt rejuvenated for this work, and I know that the priesthood is a real power, and when we were done...We went out and not 3 minutes later, we found a family ready and wanting to learn. I am so grateful for a companion that cares and would do anything to help me, and me him. I Know that God knows who we are and that if we but look forward to him, we will find true happiness.
Am-Pitiavana

Elder Lehr

No comments:

Post a Comment