Monday, November 3, 2014

Hehe hehe, DONE! - 11/3/14







Looks like Elder Mack isn't as scary as Elder Lehr

IT'S DONE! The house finding is done! Haha we can actually have a normal week of work! :) :) :)
This week was actually really fun. We had the zone leaders come down on Wednesday, and then the APS came down on Thursday. We did a lot of really good splits and just had a great time. I learned that a really cool way to find people is just street contacting. It is a perfect way to continually having people in your schedule that can learn. It also allows us to use our time more effectively. I thought it was pretty swag :)
OH! Here is something that is pretty interesting! So you remember how awhile ago we went to do an English class thing, and we got shown on national television? So....Now they have been showing that every single morning for the past month or so....And as such the assistants were like "Hmm.....maybe we should just cut all connections with them and tell them to not show that ad anymore." It's kind of needed as well since we were tracting a couple of times and they look at me and say "Oh! You are the American at the school that teaches English!"......Yep.....Not really in accordance with my calling.
Also I got to kiss a lemur...So that was way fun :) When we went and contacted this family and they had a pet lemur. She was kind of masika but that is ok. :) Lemurs are pretty swag :)
Haha things are still going really really awesome with Elder Mack. We are having one balling time here in Madagascar. We sing, dance, and do SO MUCH Fun things :) But still keep the rules :) His Malagasy is really coming along. Haha it was pretty funny since we ran into someone from Tana, and it was even hard for me to understand him since he had this THICK Merina accent. Elder Mack was just like "What the heck!?" YEYE Already used to the Betsileo accent :) That's my boy!
So, one of the really cool things that I learned this week, is that Heavenly Father really does hear our prayers. Before we began the day Elder Mack had asked that we find people who are prepared and ready to here the gospel and to accept it. Thus we found a family that is absolutely baller. It was amazing as that happened. I really do know that God lives and that he knows each of us. He really is with us learning this language and learning to love the people. I know that to be true.
Next time!

Elder Lehr

P.S. 1st. I feel that Noelle still has to write me about all the ballroom stuff that has happened along with her 10 pages of band tour

2nd. This is a really cool Malagasy proverb
"Tiavo ny namanao
Tahaka ny tenanao" Or "Love your friend like yourself"
3rd. In the next package that you guys do send.....I would love it if you could send like 3 really big bags of skittles and sour gummy worms..... :) and then 4-5 packages of Lindor chocolate :) I love that stuff and miss it. :)
4th. Haha those pics made me trunky! O gosh! I want nothing more than to just be with you guys. Also Noelle and Nicole have become real beauties. They are way attractive :)
5th. I cant wait to go to Grandpa!!!! Wow I have missed him so much. We definitely do need to plan visiting him when I get back.....As soon as we are done having the Thanksgiving feast :) haha :)
So, I haven't been able to teach piano yet because of the general conference, but it's crazy to think that I only have 6 more weeks in this area. SO CRAZY!! Can you all believe that I will have been in Fianarantsoa for 7 months! I am about to hit my11 month mark. DANG!
It seems Christian is having the time of his life at the Miracle Mcdonalds......Dang that would be nice to have at least one here in Madagascar.....Elder Fox got an email from a friend in the Philippines telling him that 1 out of the 3 Mcdonalds was destroyed due to something and then he said in parenthesis (The Struggles of a third world country) Then Elder Fox and I about threw the computer and were like WHAT THE HECK! AT LEAST YOU GUYS HAVE A MCDONALDS!! Hah it was funny.
And Aunt Deter emailed me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment