Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Sick, and rumors of water and electricity..Shutdown - 9/1/14



Elder Lehr and Elder Lee


Fianarantsoa

Francois, branch missionary


Hey o!
So first off Mom, if you look into my account you will see that i pulled out....a sum of money that i don't really know anymore what it is in US Dollars. The reason for this was because of a call that we received from the AP's on Wednesday, telling us that the company was going to go on strike and shut off all of the water and electricity in Madagascar starting on Sunday due to some political issues. Thus they told us to prepare and get a weeks worth of food, and to fill up all the pots and pans with clean water. So that is the reason why I took out some money from the bank. So that I could get food and have some emergency vola.

Also on Wednesday I got pretty sick. After climbing the mountain to teach Menza and Eddie, I just felt super super sick. So we went home and we ended up not working for the rest of the day, and Thursday. I felt SO bad! It's the worst being sick as a missionary. It's the time in which you want to work the hardest that you can, but you know in your heart of hearts, that it's better for you to stay in and sleep. SO poopy. But it's ok! Because now I am better :)
Our DMB just finished the BACC on Thursday, and has set up a program with us every single Monday-Friday. I am pretty excited for that. I am hoping that maybe next week we can do some splits with Francois and Our DMB. Get some more people taught, and I think it will be a really good experience for Elder Miller to have. Splits are always good for the soul :)
One more quick thing and then I will talk about investigators. So on Friday the AP's called me and told me that they talked about some things and decided that I am the new district leader. So that will be fun.
OK! Our investigators are doing pretty good. We haven't taught a lot just because I was sick this week, but Hiandry is doing really well. He and Tefy are 2 kids that just understand things super well. We saw Richard in passing this week, and think that in one sense he might be a little bit crazy, and is a little wishy washy which makes me sad, and I hope that things can work out with him. Marellie and her 3 daughters are learning with someone in the ward since they live so far away, and it seems to be going really really well. We will try to see how they are doing in everything within the next week or so. Menza and Eddie are just a stud of a couple. They are just waiting for their copies to get married, and then they should be able to be baptized within the next couple of weeks :)
Sorry this is a little long. Love you all and hope you have a great week :)
Elder Lehr

No comments:

Post a Comment