Thursday, July 24, 2014

Probably one of the cheapest and coolest foods - 7/21/14



Wow Mom and Dad! I can't believe that Trek is today! That is SO COOL! I can't wait for the day that I will finally be able to go. ESPECIALLY since I can totally where my betsileo lamboany and my betsileo hat with those old type of clothes and I would look SO SWAG! I think that you guys are going to have a lot of fun. Mom, just try to remind Dad that the other kids are going to have to do most of the work since....well....as the years pass by....hmm....how to word this.....Maybe Dad will just have to wait for the resurrection for his body to catch up with his young spirit :) I think that's a pretty good way to describe that :) Throw in some gospel terms :)

So one thing that was kind of interesting this week was that on Thursday almost ALL of our times fell through. SO I asked Elder Miller what we should do, and he said, "Well lets try to go see Noanoa right now even though we have him in about 2 hours. We will just see if he is home." So I was like "Lets bounce." And thus as we were walking we ran into a guy who had learned from a way old missionary, and wanted to learn again. So he is going to call us about setting up a time." Then about 30 seconds later we ran into this way drunk woman that thought we were Jehovah's witnesses, and started to ask about how she could receive strength to stop drinking and how she could join the congregation. That made me laugh a little as I thought about my really good friends from Sweden who are Jehovah's Witnesses, and told her how we were not temoin ny jehova but missionaries from ny fiangonan"i JESOA KRISTY ho an" ny olomasin"ny andro farany, and that we could still help her if she wanted even though we were not the people that she was looking for. She gave a weird look to us, and then said that she would like it if we prayed with her. SO WE DID!
It was also way cool on Sunday where we had about 4 people that were less active come to church, and some other less active recent converts. I was pretty happy about that. And we also have this one family that lives super far away but is super mazotoa at going to church, and so we were teaching her and her family. They seem pretty swag, but we shall see :) OH! Menza and Eddie came to church as well! Ever since Menza's husband has come back from Fort D. Things have just been progressing with them and they are doing everything they can to be vita soratra and to obey the word of wisdom. Its pretty cool :)
On a final note maybe, I can't believe how fast Elder Miller is growing. He and Elder Garcia are just superb. There was a time on Thursday where this one less active has a daughter that was really sick, and I forgot my Malagasy missionary handbook, so i translated the blessing from English to Malagasy for Elder Miller. He anointed and I sealed. When he began I was absolutely awestruck as his pronunciation and his speed was just like a Malagasy. Literally he said everything perfectly. It was a pretty cool miracle. Also there would be times I would be teaching and he would just jump in with faith, and just blow everyone away. He is going to be a super duper pooper scooper missionary :)
Oh! I almost forgot! We found a super cheap food to do that is way good! So we have our ramen here in Madagascar called "Presto" so we basically get a bunch of potatoes, peppers, onions, garlic, carrots, and green onions, and boil them. Then we add pepper, and other spices, like curry and salt, and then add the noodles at the end, and it is SUPER GOOD! We basically make a soup, broth, awesome thingy that is super cheap. And then we get some homemade bread across the street for super cheap too. It ends up to be about 4 dollars for the 4 of us, and it lasts for 2 meals. So I could say that is a pretty good cooking strategy :)
Eny ARY! Well things are going going going. And it's interesting that as I have been doing my personal study...Before I had a goal of finishing the Book of Mormon 1X a transfer but while I was doing it, I had a thought to read the Doctrine and Covenants. And it has been such a cool experience! I love reading the Doctrine and Covenants because I feel like I am getting to know more of Christ's personality as I read his words to those early saints. It's been really cool, and not going to lie, it's easy to forget that you want to continually try to improve each day when you just get used to how things are, but I know that as I just keep trying that things will happen, and then the spirit will help me be a good boy :)
Am-pitiavana
Elder Lehr

No comments:

Post a Comment