Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Oh the blessings of emailing :) - 7/28/14



Akory aby!
Wow, these last 2 weeks have been absolutely poopy where the work has been concerned, BUT! At the same time we have met some really cool people throughout the week that makes up for it. One of our investigators named Claymond is from Manakara and so it was fun talking to him and some of his cousins and learning some sakalava and vezo phrases. Malagasy is the BEST! :)

So i will just get this out of the way. I mean....It had to happen some time on my mission.....Last week as Elder Miller and I were enjoying our wonderful pizza after a hard days work of climbing there was a drunk french guy with 2 malagasies, and the french guy tries to blubber some malagasy to me....And then he kisses me. I mean I know that I am bogaosy be laotra, but COME ON!......That's all I will say about it.

Also Mom you are right. We got Frere Patrick as our new DMB, and he is SO SWAG! I feel that with him the work is really going to progress. We had an awesome sacrament meeting where we had 169 at church and 17 investigators at church. I was like YES! That kind of helped with the fact that all of our FLF"s have been bailing on us.

I cant believe its almost August. Time is just going going going. In fact it's not enough. One of the things that has really touched me this week as I have been reading the scriptures and trying to help others, is that the Lord really does know each of us. I read my patriarchal blessing in elders quorum yesterday and it really hit me again of just how much my Heavenly Father really does know me. I love this work and I love being here. We have crazy things happen every day, but it's one of the greatest things to be able to talk to someone and to love them, and to have a message that you know will bless their lives. I know this work is true, and I am very grateful for being able to serve these people. They are the best :)
Have a great week everyone!
Elder Lehr

No comments:

Post a Comment