Monday, June 30, 2014

Miracles do exist - 6/30/14



Well, this week has definitely had its own type of character to it. We are still having some problems with people and the word of wisdom, but when President Adams came down Saturday, he destroyed every ounce of hope that they had that it is ok to "Drink a little" or do anything like unto it. He first asked the people "Who wants to go to the Celestial Kingdom?" Everyone raised their hands. He then proceeded to tell them that it is easy to go to the Telestial Kingdom, and that if you want to go to the Celestial Kingdom and live with God there you HAVE to live the word of wisdom PERFECTLY! You also have to live the law of chastity PERFECTLY! And also try to live all the other commandments. To abode in the presence of the Lord, we have to abide by a celestial law, and that is what the law requires.
I love Pres Adams, that guy is awesome. :)
This week was kind of like last week in the fact that it was going slow, BUT! We have been very very blessed to be finding more and more families to teach. We have about 6-9 baptisms this Saturday, and then we will be able to work on these families with all the glorious strength that this body can express while being trapped in the bands of mortality. We are definitely looking forward for these next couple of weeks. It's starting to look bright, and I know that the Lord is with us.
Transfer news is this Sunday, and so we will know exactly what is going to happen. But I am pretty sure that either Elder Hauata or Elder Morley will be going, which is really sad because we have really grown close together as a household.
Also for those who don't know, Elder Matt Palmer, a missionary here in Madagascar who worked in Ambositra, died a couple of days ago from a brain aneurysm. He was a great missionary, and I am sad that he is gone, but if you could keep his family in your prayers that would be awesome. Also it's pretty cool, because all of the elders in Tana will be going to a funeral service for him, and Elder Fisher (his trainer) will be speaking about him, and a couple other things will be done for Elder Palmer.
So all in all things are going good. I will be able to complete my goal of finishing the Book of Mormon every transfer. And I feel that me and my companion have done everything within our power right now to help the people of this branch, or to get them the help they need. It's a very peaceful feeling to know that you have done everything within your power, and now it is just up to them and the Lord. I love this work and I love being here in one of the greatest areas in the world.
Haha! One of the really funny things I saw this week is when we went over to a girl's (one of our investigators) house. She is about 15 or 16, and is going to be baptized this Saturday. So I was showing some pictures of my family to her and to the members that were with me, and this girl grabbed this picture that had me and my brother, Christian, on it. She then asked if I could print another copy of this picture and give it to her since she thinks my brother is way way cute. I laughed and just asked for the picture back. And she then tried to do everything in her power to steal it. I don't really know why I am writing this but I just think it is SO FUNNY how even though my bro is on the other side of this continent....He has another stalker or 2 :) It just made my day thinking of that. :) WHAOP!
OH!! Last thought and then I will be done. So......hehe.......on Saturday we went to the Didy poch of a couple members in our branch. I have been once and can now say that I have had my fill. Never again will I go to a public circumcision. The kids just danced...walked into a building.....and came out crying. Yea.... I think that will be that on that subject.
Anyway Miracles do exist. Jesus Christ really does live, and I am so grateful that I am here on a mission. It's hard, but worth it in every way possible. I have learned so many things, and have learned so many things about myself that I never would have thought possible. It's an amazing place to be, trying, and failing, and trying again to live by every word which proceedeth from the mouth of God. It's been a journey of laughs and tears, and it's been a journey of heartache, and cheers. It has been a window in how the rest of my life will play out. And I feel like through it all, when all is said and done....I will be able to stand in the presence of my mission president and with every fiber of my soul tell him that I served, and tried to do my best. It's an interesting thing also to have your view expanded in all directions. I feel like by being here in the Lord's work that I have a more eternal perspective. I love having that and it has been a great comfort and strength to me. I pray for all of you and encourage you to continue to do your best, and to ask Heavenly Father to just help you be good. :)
I love you all and will continue my speeches am-manaraka.
Am-pitiavana
Elder Lehr
 

No comments:

Post a Comment