Monday, June 9, 2014

I love Fianarantsoa! - 6/9/14



Haha I am glad I am not the only one that had a crazy week :)
So to begin this adventure I need to talk about this investigator. So there is this guy named Marsaline, and his wife Lucy. The missionaries started teaching Marsaline years ago, and he is an awesome guy, but his old wife would not let him get a divorce. So he has never skipped a Sunday to come to church and does his very best to keep the commandments even though he is not a member.

We got news from our branch president that now after 3-4years of waiting, his wife is allowing him to get a divorce, and he his getting married to Lucy this week. SO they can finally get baptized!!!!
Wednesday was a monster. We have a time at 3:30 where we have to climb a mountain about 2 KM and then go down the mountain for our appointment. Then we have to climb all the way back up and go down again so that we can hit a time across the city. With all the climbing and hiking that we did on Wednesday we hiked about 4-5 miles with 80 percent up hill. Sadly my body has still not healed completely from it, but we figured out a wonderful solution! Because we literally have so many people that we could teach, it's not even funny, we are going on splits with the branch missionaries every Sunday and Wednesday. That way only 1 person has to climb the mountain and then the other missionary has about 3-4 hours where they can just teach people. I am pretty excited for this. We also have a baptism coming up on the 21st of June where we could have a total of about 10-13 people baptized. It's a way exciting time to be here in Fianarantsoa.
Sunday was amazing. We had a lot of members that were not at church, but we had about 17 investigators that we knew, who were at church, and then we got about 5-6 new investigators that came to church. It was SO COOL TO SEE THAT!
haha It's kind of funny that now I have to wear the ring that I have on my ring finger, because if I don;t....Well...there have been some girls that have been flirting way hard core par cor, and as I have had my ring on, and they see it... Then they just start talking to my companion. YES! haha
Well, that's all I can really think about right now, but I sure do love Fianarantsoa. OH! I gave my first blessing in Malagasy last night. It was a cool experience, and I know that Heavenly Father loves these people.

Anyway I love you all and I will report next week :)
Elder Lehr

No comments:

Post a Comment