Monday, January 6, 2014

Christmas Day post

Elder Lehr's Christmas Gift to us - 12/25/13

Tratrany Krismasy!

Ok, since I only have 15 minutes right now to email. (That's what the First Presidency has allotted us. We had 20 min, but we were just a little late) I am going to try to give my Christmas gift to you.

1st: Let me tell you about the package you sent to us when you gave Elder Munanira the journal. When we came to class and he opened the package he was flipping through it, and saw the "Ordinances performed" section and all that other jazz. He then held it close to his chest and said, "I will thank them for this gift. I will only have Kinyarwanda in it. There shall be no English!" It was such a touching moment for me to see that. His humility and gratitude were beyond measure. That was a great gift he gave me.

2nd: Let me share a gift with you with the same gift you gave me. When I saw that you had given me a "Poem Journal" I wrote one down that night, and have been trying to do one every day. Some of these I have felt are too sacred to share, until I feel the Holy Ghost prompt me, but here is one that I wrote that I feel I can share, and that you will appreciate. I rewrote the words to "Prayer of the Children." I felt inspired to do so, and turned it into this poem:

The Prayer of a Missionary. (As you read, please think of the music of prayer to the children with it since that is how the timing of the rhythm is based on.)

Can you hear,
The Prayer of a Missionary?
Praying to God,
"Please give me Lord, thy love from above.

Can you feel,
The heart of a missionary?
Pleading for peace,
"Please let my faith in thee increase.

Crying, Jesus,
 "Help me! To feel the joy again,
Of one more day,
For when unknown roads lead away from home,
Only thee I see.

Can you sing,
The song of a missionary?
Inviting to Christ,
Breaks the darkness, and enters the light.

Can you feel
the change in a missionary?
Giving all to God,
Holding fast to the iron rod.

Crying ,Jesus!
Help me to teach with authority
by thy own mouth
For when doubts are cleared
I know you're near
Giving loving arms.

Will you join
with all of the missionaries!?
Giving all!
Now go and do your call.


There are some more versus, but I hope that will satisfy some of you for a bit. :)
Dang, Merry Christmas! Yesterday we watched Mr. Krueger's Christmas. Holy cow that was one of the best things I received! It was so amazing to see that, and to feel the love of that movie. Afterwards Elder Mitchel had some of his grandparents send him sugar cookies and frosting. So while another branch in our Residence hall was shooting nerf guns around the place.....we were happily making sugar cookies, and decorating them. Can I just say that I feel like my Christmas is amazing! I love the work here. I love growing and giving little bits and pieces of myself daily to Jesus. Sometimes its hard to let go, but I know that with him all things are possible. I love my branch, and I can't wait to email more tomorrow since I will actually have time.

Btw I saw Sarah Card yesterday. She works at the MTC. It was pretty swag. MERRY CHRISTMAS GRANDPA!! I love you all, and wish I was there with you, but know that I pray for you daily, and in all reality........Am glad that I am here instead of at home for Christmas. Its an amazing feeling. :)

Merry Christmas Lehr family,

Love-

Elder Lehr

No comments:

Post a Comment